2012-02-26

Featured Comments: Week of 2012 February 19

There was one post that got a handful of comments this past week, so I will try to repost most of those.

Review: KahelOS 020212

An anonymous reader asked, "Is KahelOS a rolling release?"
Commenter kelvin said, among many other things, "kahelOS is progressing nicely and its a fairly new distro memory is quite high arch with gnome3 and a few extensions running idles at 230mb on my laptop. to install from AUR you need yaourt/packer I find yaourt better uses the same commands as pacman they both find and install dependencies. "I don't understand the statement I would probably use the Arch repositories in KahelOS to install a different DE (probably either Xfce or GNOME 3/Cinnamon". What is the point of installing a OS then mutilating it with bloat to install another DE. if you want open-box use archbang uses 65mb ram. if you want xfce Gnome, KDE, etc. Install arch then add what you want Arch is no harder to install than any other distro you only install what you neednothing more nothing less. Its all in the mind if a 60+ yr old with no education can read and understand the beginners Wiki young people like you should be able to do it."
Reader Dr.Saleem Khan had an alternative suggestion: "Nothing against KahelOS , I have used it for long time in past , was never impressive if we are looking for an Arch Linux alternate for newbies but Bridge Linux (http://millertechnologies.net/) is very impressive,stable and user-friendly for new archers."

Thanks to those who commented on this past week's posts. This coming week, I may or may not have a post put out; it depends on my workload. Anyway, if you like what I write, please continue subscribing and commenting!