2010-02-13

Just Another Ordinary Opening Ceremony

(It's a play on "Just Another Ordinary Miracle", a song that was sung at this years XXI Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony.)
It was boring. Of course Beijing's organizers blew everyone out of the water with their ceremonies, but even judged on its own, the Vancouver ceremony literally made me fall asleep. Totally unimaginative and uninteresting.

Also, where was the Vatican delegation? I want to see the Pope as head coach of the slaloming archbishops and the curling cardinals!
I kid, I kid.

Finally, I want to dedicate this blog post to Nodar Kumaritashvili, the Georgian (in Eastern Europe, not in the southern US) luger who died during training the morning of the opening ceremony. He was 21. As you read this, please join me in observing a moment of silence in honor of him.
Thank you.